Getting qualified traffic to website is definitely the most critical part of owning an ecommerce website or blog. In fact, creating the website or blog in the first place is easy compared to getting web traffic.
There is only one suitable kind of traffic to website, and that is people who are ready to take out their credit cards and put their money where their mouth is. Here follow 10 excellent free traffic to website tips.
1. Put aside half a day each week to do your traffic to website work. You will need internet access, peace and quiet to concentrate on what you have to do. There are no shortcuts. There is no silver bullet. But a little work goes a long way in building web traffic.
2. You should add the url of your money site to Yahoo and Google. Do not go for a paid Yahoo listing at first. This is a good way to make the search engines take note of your blog or website. Also make sure that the internal linking on your blog or site is properly done. Related blogs and sites should also link to one another.
3. It is worth adding your url to well established directories. You don’t have to submit your blog or website to thousands of them. A half dozen or so is fine. If you have a blog, list it in blog directories.
4. Open an ezine articles account and write a short article (400-500 words) on the subject of your website and publish it. Remember to place two or three links to pages of your website in the resource box. This form of online magazine has a massive readership, so much so that some marketers drive traffic to website business purely by publishing articles in these article directories.
5. Change the article slightly by changing the title, then post it to a whole selection of article directories.
6. Find a free press release on the subject of your website, rewrite it a bit and publish it in this directories with backlinks to your website.
7. Go to Squidoo.com and open an account. It is easy and it is free. Now have fun building yourself a lens, which is simply a one page Squidoo website. It should be about the subject of your website or blog. Include backlinks to your website. Once that’s done, rinse and repeat by creating a hub page.
8. You need to add social bookmarks to your lens and your hub page. Google likes to see this. So bookmark your lens and hub page. Then get excited about your lens by twittering and tweeting.
9. Subscribe to Google Alerts to find suitable blogs for blogging about your area of interest. Every morning you will be notified of suitable blogs where you can enter discussions and leave a backlink to your website.
10. Purchase a traffic-building software package that will get you a constant flow of traffic without any effort.
Delia Ann Kennedy is a web traffic expert who recommends you purchase a traffic-building software package such as Auto Mass Traffic or Web Traffic Genius. This gets you a constant flow of free web traffic automatically on a daily basis.